– 6 eggs, separated
– 1 ½ pounds of diced yellow, green, and red candied pineapple
– 1 pound of red and green candied cherries
– ½ pound of golden raisins
– ¼ pound of diced candied citron
– 3 cups of flour and ½ cup of flour
– 3 cups pecan halves
– 1 ½ cups of butter, softened
– 1 ½ cups of sugar
– 1 cup of walnuts, coarsely chopped
– ¼ cup of brandy
– 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
– Cut out circle; set pan in center, and draw around base of pan and inside tube.
– Fold circle into eighths, having the drawn lines on the outside.
– Cut off tip end of circle along inside drawn line.
– Unfold paper; cut along folds to the outside drawn line.
– From another piece of brown paper, cut another circle with a 10-inch diameter; grease and set aside.
– Place the 18-inch line in pan; grease and set aside.
– Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer.
– Stir in flavorings.
– Beat egg yolks; alternately add yolks and 3 cups flours to creamed mixture.
– Combine candied pineapple, cherries, citron, golden raisins, pecans, and walnuts in a bowl; dredge with ½ cup flour, stirring to coat well.
– Stir mixture into batter.
– Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until stiff peaks form; fold into butter.
– Spoon batter into prepared pan.
– Cover pan with 10-inch brown paper circle, greased side down.
– Bake at 250°F for 4-5 hours or until cake tests dones.
– Remove from oven.
– Take off paper cover, and slowly pour ¼ cup brandy evenly over cake; cool completely on wire rack.
– Remove cake from pan; peel paper liner from cake.
– Wrap cake in brandy-soaked cheesecloth.
– Store in an airtight in a cool place up to 3 weeks; pour a small amount of brandy over cake each week.